Wednesday, September 30, 2009

interval day. mile repeats.

I did about a 2.5 mile warmup followed by 4 mile repeats at an approximate 5k pace with a 400 meter recovery jog in between each interval.
mile 1 - 5:55
mile 2 - 5:48
mile 3 - 5:42
mile 4 - 5:39
Finished up with a 2 mile easy cooldown to get about 9.5 miles in for the day.

For the most part I felt pretty good for the duration of the workout today. Weirdly enough, in high school workouts on the track were always my least favorite days of cross country and track practice, but for some reason now they are some of my favorite workouts to do. Go figure.

That all being said, I do feel like have the initial symptoms of a cold setting in. I can't tell if it's a cold coming, or if it is just bad allergies. But, just in case I think I may either take tomorrow off or take it super super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment