Saturday, September 26, 2009

20 miler part 2

Yesterday I went for an easy 6 miles at about 7 minute pace. Today I went out and did the same 19.76 mile loop that I did last weekend. I decided to go today instead of tomorrow because the weather is awesome today and tomorrow the forecast has 100% chance of rain. I felt better this week then last week. My muscles in my legs weren't screaming at me as loudly around mile 17 as they were last week. As an experiment again, around mile 15 today, instead of taking a gel i tried some of the clif shot blocks. They basically taste like fruit snacks. They went down a lot easier then the gel last week, except right around mile 17.5 I got a horrible stomach cramp, which honestly I think was from the clif blocks. I tried to run through it, but it got the best of me and I had to walk for about a minute or so for it to go away. Once it was gone I made it home the rest of the way no problem. All said and done, 2 hours and 23 minutes. A little faster then last week. About a 7:14 pace...right where I need to be if I want to make the 3:10:00 cut in the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment