Sunday, September 6, 2009

Coney Island 18 miler

Man. I suck at updating this thing. I had really only intended to use it for a training diary so I could keep track of how much mileage I'm getting in prepping for the marathon, but my lazy ass couldn't work up the motivation to post anything for the last 6 weeks. So, here goes another try.

Anyways, that headlines not too correct. I really ran 17.66 miles today. Went from my house down to coney island and back.
Did it in 2 hours 3 minutes and 20 seconds. About a 6:59/mile pace. Not bad. Although I need to learn to slow down my longruns a bit so I don't fuck myself over by the time the marathon rolls around. Also, listening to At The Gates helps immensely when you're running for over two hours. Also it's nice to see the ocean and the boardwalk at the halfway point.

Other thoughts, getting psyched about the new Baroness record coming out soon. Also the song Dark Horse that Converge recently put up on their myspace from their upcoming record slays better then anything else i've heard in a while. Those guys are such fuckin pros.

No comments:

Post a Comment