Monday, February 15, 2010

Long Run...14.72 miles

I ended up taking yesterday off cos the special lady friend had the day off of work. We celebrated valentines day in much style by making tacos and cupcakes and watching the first disc of season one of 24. Holy crap that show's intense. In a good way.

So today I set off on my long run. I went from smith and president up to the promenade, over the BK bridge, up to central park, around central park, and back down to 42nd street. i stopped there, stretched in bryant park, went and bought a chocolate milk, banana, and a coffee and then hauled my smelly self back home on the subway. Oddly enough, besides the marathon, this is the first time i have ever gone running in central park. man, it's a pretty tough and hilly terrain. and if you are anywhere below 72nd street in the park in reeks of horse piss because of all the handsome cab traffic. Anyhow, the first half of the manhattan half marathon which is a month away should be pretty brutal seeing as how it's all in the park. I ended up finishing the whole run in about 1 hour 42 min and 50 seconds for a 6:59 pace. I felt pretty good for the most part. Especially the first 9 miles I felt unstoppable. Today's route is posted below.

Also, I ended up going out to see on of my all time favorites, the Murder City Devils play at the nokia theater on saturday night. I used to see them all the time in college, but they have been on hiatus since 2001. Man, it was awesome seeing that band play again. I wish they never went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment