Sunday, February 14, 2010

2 day update...I got hit by a car!!(i didn't get hurt)

So yeah, on friday i went out for an easy 7 miles, and about 6 miles in as i was crossing 8th avenue on carroll street, i started running through the crosswalk while i had the yellow light. the light must have changed to red as i was going because one of the cars started going and an suv hit me right in my left leg and caused me to roll over the hood of his car. he couldn't have been going more then 5 miles an hour though and i walked away unscathed...and extremely lucky. since i didn't seem hurt, i decided to go ahead and finish my run and i ran the last mile anyways. moral of the story...if the you have the yellow light...don't push it, just relax and wait until you get the green again.

Yesterday I did the same as friday, minus getting hit by a car. An easy 7 at just a bit faster then a 7:00 pace. I ended up putting in 50 miles for the week. Today I am taking the day off and tomorrow is longrun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment