Monday, February 8, 2010

long run day...16.1 miles

First off, to round out last week, i did about 4.5 easy miles friday morning and then about 4.25 saturday after work to give me about 50 miles for the week last week.

I ended up taking yesterday off because I was working all day and by the time i got home i didn't really want to go on a 16 mile run in the dark, and i wanted to watch the super bowl.

So, today I did just about 16 miles. I went over to the promenade, over the brooklyn bridge, up the west side highway to 23rd st, made my way through the west village and east village to the east river park at 6th st., down to the manhattan bridge, back to the promenade and then home for 16.1. I ran it all in 1 hour 52 minutes and 15 seconds for a 6:58 pace. For the most part I felt pretty good. Still cursing winter marathon training, but i'll survive.

I'm about to head off an go tutor for a bit, then I ended up getting a free ticket to see Them Crooked Vultures at Roseland tonight. I actually haven't heard any of their music, but it should be pretty awesome to see dave grohl behind a kit.

Here's the routing for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment