Thursday, February 11, 2010

2 day update

So...the giant snowstorm yesterday caused me to retreat indoors. I had to fight the urge to go run outside quite a bit. Instead I ended up paying 15 bucks for a daypass to a local gym over on court street so i could go use a treadmill....which is absurd that i had to go pay money to go run in my least desirable method. Anyways, I translated my surliness into a pretty awesome run. I ended up putting in 10 miles on the treadmill...6 miles at a 7:00 pace, 2 at a 6:30 pace, 1 at a 6:15 pace, and 1 at a 6:00 pace....although not in that order. I felt great the whole time, and not as bored as I assumed I would.

Initially I thought today would be a rest day too, as I had to work all day and then I had class tonight, but I ended up getting out of work early enough that I had time to get home and go out for a quick 4.25 mile run at about a 7:00 pace before I had to leave for class.

In the meantime, I started reading Born to Run the other day by Christopher McDougall. I'm about halfway done and so far it's a really fun book. Although it does make me feel like my 10 mile longruns are slacking in comparison to what these people put in.

No comments:

Post a Comment