Saturday, October 3, 2009

8.24 mile long run

Did an 8.25 mile loop through dumbo and fort greene and then down the west side of prospect park. I ran it in 56:26 for a 6:51 pace. The whole run felt nice and easy and relaxed.

I also ended up getting off my ass to go the Burnt By the Sun and Tombs show last night. I got there too late to see Black Anvil play which bummed me out a bit. It was my first time seeing Tombs, which is weird cos I feel like they play every good metal show in NYC. The were pretty awesome. I hadn't seen Burnt by the Sun play in a good 8 or 9 years. I forgot how ridiculously brutal their drummer is. I was also probably the skinniest guy at the show by a long shot. But, given my stature, put me at any metal show and that will likely be the case. BBTS slayed. I'm glad I worked up the energy to get out of the house. Awesome show.

No comments:

Post a Comment