Sunday, October 11, 2009

22 mile long run

So today was the biggest long run that I will have before the marathon. As a matter of fact, 22 miles is the longest distance at one point that I have ever run in my life, including the old high school cross country days.

I did a big loop that I'll post below. This run felt a lot better then the 2 previous 20 mile runs I did. I consciously tried to start out at an easier pace for once which I think was a big part of my success. Didn't have to stop and walk at all for any cramps today, and I felt good enough to burn in the last mile in 6:40. My legs felt great until I stopped running at the end, then they were pretty damned angry at me. In the end it was a total of 21.91 miles in 2:46:50 for an average pace of 7:37/mile.

Tomorrow = rest day and since I don't have to work, I do believe I am going to rest like it's nobodies business.

Also, many big hugs and congratulations to my brother T.J. and my buddy Chris for finishing the Chicago Marathon today. Totally sweet dudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment