Sunday, October 18, 2009

15.44 mile longrun

Today was pretty much the final of my big longruns before the marathon before I start my taper.

I went out for a 15.44 mile loop that I'll put in below. I felt pretty good for the most part. It seemed to take a long time for my legs to warm up and feel good, but other then that I had plenty of energy the whole run. It's amazing how 2 months ago a 15 mile run seemed like such a monumental endeavor, and now, after doing the 22 miles last weekend, my attitude as I left my apartment today was completely different. Today was more like "Ah, a nice short longrun today. That should be good" Man, running this much, I feel like most people consider me a crazy person, but I know anyone else who is training for a marathon or has done one before knows exactly what I am talking about.

So, today, 15.44 miles. It took me 1 hour 52 minutes and 20 seconds for a 7:16/mile pace.

Now begins the taper. I am leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning to drive down to Myrtle Beach for work for the next 6 days. Work's going to be insane this week and I am likely looking at 12-13 hour workdays every day, but I better be able to make time for some good beach running.

2 weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment