Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday afternoon 20 Miles

Weather be damned. I had a 20 mile longrun on the schedule for my marathon training today. For most of the run it varied between misty and a light rain. Actually, I love running in such conditions, it just sucks when you have to take your glasses off every half mile to rub the rain off so you can see. The first 7 miles or so of the run felt a little rough. Then mile 7-18 felt amazing. The last couple miles felt great too, just my legs were starting to feel a little rickety. Thinking back to the 2 different 20 mile training runs I did in preparation for the NY marathon, last weeks and today's were significantly easier to accomplish by comparison. In the end I ended up doing just shy of 20 today. about 19.7 to be exact. I did everything in 2 hours and 18 minutes and 40 seconds for about a 7:02/mile pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment