Sunday, March 21, 2010

NYC Half Marathon

I woke up long before the sun rose today to go help pace my buddy/roommie Danny in the NYC Half Marathon. Once the sun finally came out, the weather was perfect. The goal was to get Danny finished in 1 hour and 23 minutes so he would automatically qualify for this years NYC Marathon without having to deal with any of the lottery b.s. We ended up officially finishing in 1 hour 21 minutes and 33 seconds, which is an average of 6:14/mile pace. Somehow though, my own timing of the race on my own watch was 20 seconds faster then our posted official times, which i think is weird because the whole race my clock was 20 seconds behind the race clock, which would be about right if we started halfway in the first corral..so something doesnt add up. But whatever. I felt amazing the whole race. Ended up getting a p.r. too, which granted i only have one other half under my belt, but whatevs. Most importantly though, Danny finished well under his goal time.
We went home and cleaned up and then met up with our buddy jon for some 10:30 in the morning beers and cheeseburgers. The whole morning was pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment