Sunday, March 28, 2010

22 mile longrun day

So today was the longest of my long runs in the lead up to the Boston Marathon. I ended up getting just a wee more then 22 miles in for the day. Aside from a small cramp that lasted for about a mile around mile 18, I felt amazing this whole run, which actually took me by surprise because I woke up and the weather was kind of gnarly and cold which was making it tough to get the motivation to step out the door. I made a couple quick 1-2 minute stops along the way. Around mile 7 I altered my route a bit to pass by home to ditch my pants because I decided it was warm enough to run in just shorts. Then around mile 14 I stopped by my special ladyfriend's restaurant real quick to say hi and give her a quick stinky sweaty kiss. I did stop my stopwatch during those two quick stops. They also made for nice quick little breaks in the run. All said and done, I finished in 2 hours 37 minutes and 52 seconds for a 7:08/mile pace. Not a bad day after all! Tomorrow I'm taking the day off of running, but I'm going to wake up before the sun rises to head up to CT for a shoot. It should be a fun shoot though. The other photo assistant apparently is running in Boston as well, so i anticipate plenty of nerdy running talk throughout the day.

Here's the route from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment