Thursday, April 1, 2010

speed workout

After an easy 2 mile warm up I headed down to the track.

I did 4 x 1600 meter intervals with a 400 meter recovery jog after each one.
split 1 - 5:40
split 2 - 5:42
split 3 - 5:40
split 4 - 5:37

Finished up with an easy 2 miles as a cool down to get 10 in total for the day.

My times were a bit slower then when I did this same workout a couple weeks ago, but obviously, my pace was pretty consistent. I felt kind of horrible for most of this workout. For once though, it wasn't heavy legs, it was more my breathing was off and my chest felt really heavy and congested. I've been sneezing and have had a runny nose all day though, which makes me think either I am getting a cold, or I am having a hardcore allergy attack today. Regardless of which one it is, I think that's what made today's workout seem like a bit of a slog. I think I may make tomorrow a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment